Creating the plaster moulds was as messy and tedious as pottery gets, but when I finished them I had a blissful moment of relief that I would not have to clean up plaster dust and splotches for as long as I want.
I now have these: plaster models of each of the three gaiwan parts, spun using the acrylic cutouts and finished… Read more Making the mould
One thing I didn’t realise when creating the lid shape in 3ds Max was that it should have a slightly hemispherical,… Read more Changing the lid shape
I have recently started working on the Gaiwan project. Having designed it in Autodesk 3D Studio Max Design (free for… Read more Turning the plaster